A Secret Message, Or Just Chicken Scratch?

 4 August 2022

After more reminders from Amy, I finally got around to replacing a door threshold between the foyer and the living room. I put it in and she stained and finished it.




I've also been working on the well next to the kitchen. We decided to remove the more recent, but still quite old, concrete work around the top of the well. It's too high for the patio, and interferes with where the new skirt wall will go.


As I prepared to remove this, I notice a lot of marks on the top of the concrete. I spent a little time trying to clean the dirt away. The marks seem random, but also intentional. Couldn't make heads or tails of anything so I took some pictures and then attacked it all with a sledge hammer.







At the moment, we're thinking that were going to build a new well house on top of the well and incorporated it in to the porch. We'll see how that goes.


Amy has been making progress on the paint work around the back of the house.






Comments