Another Step In The Right Direction

16 July 2024

Well, after living with some really sketchy stairs out the back door towards the barn for 6 plus years, I finally worked up the motivation to rebuild them.

They were in relatively good shape when we bought the house, but for some reason, I had decided to try to demolish them in favor of some wood steps. I made some progress with a hammer, chisels, and pry bar, but eventually reached a point where only a jack hammer would do. Since then, the top two steps were comprised of loosely fitted cinder blocks and slabs, resting on scrap pieces of 2x4.

After spending the morning making a plan and getting everything together that we needed, Amy and I got the steps rebuilt in a little under 4 hours.







Now I just need to repair/rebuild the two side walls.

Comments

  1. Hello! This is Geri Meuschke, the previous owner of your beautiful Heartland Appliances. Checking on you guys! I so hope you have NO storm damage! The devastation caused by the hurricane is heartbreaking!
    I have a new email address but not sure how to update in here. Can you do that for me please?
    gerimeuschke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment