Room With A View

 17 June 2022

Well, we finally got around to it. All the windows are back in place in the second floor front bedroom. For several years now, we've been looking at this unfortunate plywood.



And now we have a room with all of its views. I built two new sashes, remembering about half of the things I learned from doing the first pair a couple years ago. Amy put the glass in and did the finish work. I still need to put in the last piece of stop on the right side, but it's nice to have this open again.



I'm making a little more progress on the groundwork for the back porch redo.


I'm being careful around the well here. It looks like there was an earlier concrete "foundation" for a well house, and then another was added on top. We'll have to decide what to keep and what to remove based on how we think we want the porch to end up. I also don't want to inadvertently cause any damage to the "structure" of the well.


Amy has moved around to the back / east side of the house with her scraping, priming and painting operation. Very exciting!





Comments

  1. Looking good!

    I can commiserate about forgetting the lessons I learned doing building something long ago. I guess it's an illustration of why trades become specialized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment