Clean the place up a little

First week of January 2016

I've always found that a really good way to assess the condition of something is to clean it. It also pains me to see a bunch of trash lying around.

Our first work day was spent cutting down plants and small trees that had been left to grow up around and on the house. There was quite a bit.









There were also some large tree branches overhanging the house that even I wouldn't tackle, so we called in Tommy Helton & Son Tree Service from Thomasville. They did a great job taking large limbs away from the house, cleared brush and vines away from the power line coming in from the street, and even ran a lot of the stuff we had cut down through their chipper.



We also cleared out the inside of the house, carrying out a few pieces of couch and bedding that the owners had left, along with several boxes of unwanted paper work and memorabilia. When I took all that stuff to the dump a couple week later, I found this little guy trying to find a place to hide in the trailer.


I'm sure we'll find more the deeper we get in to house!

Comments