Last Of The Windows

12 November 2023

To restore the north window of the upstairs back bedroom, I had to fabricate a new lower sash. I've made a few sashes before for the house, but not all at once, with many months in between. This means that I have to figure out how to do it all over again each time. I did however already have the router bits I needed to make the rails and stiles.



I put the sash together, then Amy and I got the glass cut (on the first try!) and she did the glazing. After years of having 1" foam board covering this window, its finally ready to let the light in. Not much of view though.



Next step was to repair the wall, sill and sill nose for the upstairs hallway east window.






These sashes were in "better" shape than the one from the bedroom and we were able to restore them without having to make a new sash.







Now we're ready for Amy to scrape, prime, and paint, and this area will be all done!




Comments