We Have Arrived - Part I

5 July 2016

Finally! After just a few days short of 3 months since we sold our house in Jamestown, we are finally living on our new property. Things have been so busy I haven't been able to post anything for a month. A lot has happened so I'll be brief and just show a lot of pictures.

I built a ramp for the new storage building. The notch in the ramp is there to accommodate a tree root.

 

I watched a turtle go by.


While we were waiting for the mobile home movers, I worked on prepping the mobile home with the help of my daughter and her boyfriend. I took apart the back porch and stairs, removed all the old carpet, removed the old toilets, removed tile floor from both bathrooms and the kitchen.

 
 
  

A note of caution to any of you considering buying a mobile home. Be very wary of tile floors. They are very rigid and can hide significant water damage to the subfloor underneath them. Soft spots in older mobile home floors are ubiquitous.




I also removed the electric service cables and conduit, and all the sewer lines hanging under the house. I kept all of this stuff so I could re-use it. This particular pipe broke though.

 



Comments

Post a Comment