Making a (Mobile) House a Home

24 July 2016

We've spent most of July working on the mobile home trying to fix what needs fixing, and making the place as comfortable as we want it to be to hold up for the next 2+ years.

This is the last of the floor repair work, and worst of it.



I've got all the old repair patches removed, new blocking put in and some additional insulation (not that it will make any real difference, but it makes me feel better). Ready for new sub-floor. Yes, those are polybutylene water pipes. Replacing the pipes would be a real hassle, but I am replacing the poly fittings whenever I find them. You can see I've already done the one for the toilet.


The front door needed to be replaced also. Good thing I did it because the sub-floor under the door sill was shot as well.




During a windy rain storm, a large branch on a tree near the front left corner of the farm house broke. A minor distraction. I got it cleaned up in an hour or so, but it did knock some fascia board and trim off of the porch roof. I'll need to put something back on that to keep birds and insects from opening up a B&B. Although I can't say I'd blame them. We really want to keep the tree, but nature may have other plans.



I also threw together a small roof over the mobile home back door. If the boss approves, I'll do another for the front door. Just a heavy duty tarp pulled over a 2x4 frame held on with small blocks. Fast, cheap, and easy to repair or replace as needed.




And finally a late afternoon stroll around the property. Here's a view of our hay field (which really isn't look too much like hay). We might have to become farmers sooner rather than later to keep this maintained properly.


Comments

  1. this blog offers practical advice for personalizing and maximizing the potential of a mobile home. Readers can discover ingenious storage solutions, space-saving furniture options, and cozy decor touches to add personality and comfort to their mobile living quarters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment