Keeping Idle Hands Busy

5 June 2016

So now we're just waiting for American Mobile Home Movers to move our mobile home from the west side of Thomasville to our property. In the mean time, I have been getting the water supply lines refitted and ready.

I've dug up the water meter at the street and removed the water meter box that was around it. In the process, I broke the PVC pipe going to the house when I hit the PRV (Pressure regulator valve) with my shovel, despite the fact that I knew exactly where it was.


Here's the old PRV. It should be replaced anyway.


The new PRV is in place. I also added separate shut off valves for the house and mobile home. The old meter box will go back in place. I also got a new box to cover the PRV and shut off valves.


The water line running to the mobile home.


Because we are paying for monthly rent on a couple storage units in Greensboro, we decided to add yet another building to the property. We will use this 10 x 20 shed for storage now, but it will eventually be a workshop for us.


The trailer they used was very cool. Apparently constructed just for the purpose of moving small buildings, it had hydraulic tilt, AND could extend and retract itself from the tow vehicle up to ~15  feet, all with a wireless remote control!!!



It will need a landing in front of the door, a ramp, and probably some steps. Another project on this list.

Comments